* for more than 8 participants, prices available upon request.
* services of a professional English / French speaking tour guide
* all transfers by private vehicle or minibus (gas, road tax and parking fees included)
* luggage transfer between accommodations
* meals as mentioned above
* 6 nights accommodation as mentioned above
* entry tickets (for the caves)
Package does not include:
* your meals and drinks (others than the ones mentioned above)
* personal expenses
The Carpathian Mountains are located in Eastern Europe and spread across seven countries: Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Austria and Romania. With an area of 209,000 km2, around 10 times the size of the Wales. The majority of the Carpathians (more than 60%) are in Romania.
Departure from Cluj in the morning, heading for the mountains. Stop in Rimetea village for a warm up hike on Piatra Secuiului Peak (1128m). Tasting a Goulash soup in a traditional Hungarian restaurant (unless it’s Monday) may prove to be irresistible and welcome after all the effort. Visit the village of Rimetea which will reveal it’s houses remarkably conserved as if in a museum. Continue the journey, going up the Aries Valley.
Dinner with the locals and accommodation in a rural guesthouse.
(dinner included, breakfast and lunch not included)
Day 2 to 6
In the middle of the Western Carpathians, the Apuseni Nature Park covers a surface of over 75,000 square metres. Characterized by a complex limestone relief, the area reveals not only stunning caves and ice-caves, but also very picturesque mountain villages.
Your saga will begin with a picturesque trail along several villages, up in the mountains. You will get to see farm life, colorful flower pastures, Scarisoara ice cave and meet warmhearted people.
On day five you will already arrive in the very heart of the Padis limestone plateau. Depending on weather conditions you will take some of the most iconic trail in the area, enjoying the karst landscape in all its diversity: caves, gorges, limestone pavements, sinkholes, ponors.
(day 2-4 – breakfast, picnic lunch and dinner included; overnight in rural guesthouses with shared bathrooms)
(day 5-6 – breakfast, picnic lunch and dinner included; overnight in mountain chalet with shared bathrooms)
Breakfast and prepare to leave Padis. Transfer back to Cluj and stop on the way to visit Meziad cave. Arrive in Cluj in late afternoon.
(breakfast and picnic lunch included, dinner not included)
* appropriate outdoor clothing& equipment we recommend (season wise): 25l-35l trail backpack, good hiking boots, hiking pants, midlayers, waterproof jacket & pants, hat/cap, sunglasses, gloves, hiking poles, water bottle / hydration packs (min. 1 l), Swiss knife, headlamp with batteries, first aid kit, emergency whistle, energy bars.
* the constant temperature inside the caves is 0-14° C. Appropriate clothing recommended.