* get ready for climbing, crawling, creeping and much more
* adrenaline, adrenaline, adrenaline…!
duration : 1 day
validity: May – September
recommended group size : 6 – 8 participants
level of difficulty : average
4 – 8 pax 145 eur / pax
* For less or more participants, prices available upon request.
* transportation by car or minibus;
* English/ French /Romanian speaking guide
* professional canyoning and caving monitor
* entry tickets and special permits for visiting the cave reserve
* technical canyoning and caving gear (boots, overalls, gloves, neoprene socks, neoprene suits, helmets, harnesses, wetsuits, wet shocks and divers gloves, climbing harness , all other equipment to be used on the rope)
* traditional plum brandy (palinca) tasting at the end of the activities
Package does not include:
* accommodation (in chalet or wild camping)
* drinks and meals (consider some sandwiches, chocolate, water)
Explore the Carpathian Mountains with its forest and gigantic mountain plateau. Enjoy a thrilling caving & canyoning experience in the very heart of the Apuseni Mountains.
In the middle of the Western Carpathians, the Apuseni Nature Park covers a surface of over 75,000 square metres. Characterized by a complex limestone relief, the area reveals not only stunning caves and ice-caves, but also very picturesque mountain villages.
Cetatile Ponorului Cave is located in the very heart of the Padis limestone plateau. It is well-known and became the symbol of Padis and gained the surname ‘Romanian Caving Everest’.
Visit the Humpleu Cave, which provides an authentic experience because it is not tourist adapted. It has extraordinary scientific value and is included in the National and International Speleology Heritage. Its scientific value derives from the existence of all possible formations of speleothems. The cave is famous for its gigantic halls, ‘The Halls of Giants’ which are 750m long and 111m wide and is located on three levels: an active level with a river inside, a passive level and an intermediary level which makes it accessible even during heavy rainfalls.
Oselu Canyon is the ideal choice as an oasis of coolness, surplus of adrenaline, a real adventure. Oselu canyon has a gorge sector and several small rapids and waterfalls. The total elevation difference is of 180m.
In the morning, the car transfer from Cluj to Apuseni Mountains will take about 2-3 hours. We get ready and we enter the cave. According to weather conditions we shall visit either Humpleu Cave or Cetatile Ponorului Cave. For details about this caves please visit the Caving Experience in Cetatile Ponorului Cave Tour and Caving Experience in Humpleu Cave Tour. Overnight in Padis in chalet or wild camping.
In the morning we get ready for another adventure. This time we put on the wetsuits and attach the Oselu Canyon. For details about the canyon please visit the Canyoning in the Apuseni Nature Park Tour. In the afternoon, departure towards Cluj. Stop on the way to visit the Bear’s Cave. As the name already betrays it, the cave was home,15.000 years ago, to the ‘cave bear’ (Ursus Spelaeus). The cave shelters the best preserved cave bear skeleton in a cave open to the public in Romania. Arrival back in Cluj in the evening.
The tour will be done in all security in the company of canyoning & caving monitors. Technical equipment will be provided for all participants. The tour contains climbing and descending in waterfalls.