* Enjoy a memorable experience in Europe’s second largest cave hall
* Explore the Humpleu Cave and its enormous formations of speleothems
* See some of the following halls: Ondine, Dancer, Pocket, Depending, Club, Mirracles, Halasi Gabor, Charonte, Grenoble, The halls, Heigh, The Pagodas, Helictics, 89, Amphitheatre, Bingo, Windows Hall, Last hall and the Hall of Giants.
duration : 1 day
validity: throughout the year
recommended group size : 4 – 12 participants
level of difficulty : average
4 – 8 pax 75 eur / pax
* For less or more participants, prices available upon request.
* transportation by car or minibus
* English/French/Romanian speaking guide
* professional caving monitor
* technical caving gear (boots, overalls, gloves, neoprene socks, neoprene suits, helmets, harnesses, all equipment to use with strings)
* entry tickets and special permits for visiting the cave reserve
* traditional plum brandy (palinca) tasting at the end of the caving activity
Package does not include:
* drinks and meals (consider some sandwiches, chocolate, water)
Explore the Carpathian Mountains with its forests, wild animals and gigantic mountain plateaus. Enjoy an adventurous caving experience in the Humpleu Cave.
In the middle of the Western Carpathians, the Apuseni Nature Park covers a surface of over 75,000 square metres. Characterized by a complex limestone relief, the area reveals not only stunning caves and ice-caves, amongst the most beautiful in Europe, but also very picturesque mountain villages.
The Humpleu Cave is located in the very heart of the Padis limestone plateau. Caving in Humpleu is dedicated to those who dream of an active holiday and who want to get the chance to hike, explore and discover the underground world. Enjoy an unforgettable experience in one of the thousands of caves in Romania.
Visit the Humpleu Cave, which provides an authentic experience because it is not tourist adapted. It has extraordinary scientific value and is included in the National and International Speleology Heritage. Its scientific value derives from the existence of all possible formations of speleothems. The cave is famous for its gigantic halls, ‘The Halls of Giants’ which are 750m long and 111m wide and is located on three levels: an active level with a river inside, a passive level and an intermediary level which makes it accessible even during heavy rainfalls.
Departure from Cluj in the morning towards the Apuseni Mountains. Once arrived, we put on the caving gear and let ourselves leaded by adrenaline along the above mentioned cave galleries. According to your wish (mentioned at booking time) we can take a fossil or active underground gallery. Average underground stay: 7 hours. Arrival back in Cluj in the evening.
The tour will be done in all security in the company of a caving monitor. Technical equipment will be provided for all participants. The tour contains climbing, crawling, creeping and much more.